Jehovah-tsidkenu– The LORD Our Righteousness
Come quickly, Lord Jesus! O, for the time when You, Jehovah-tsidkenu, will reign on earth! We will praise You and declare Your righteousness, for You alone forgive us of our sins (Psalm 35:28;50:6; 51:14).
The LORD is our righteousness, for we are not righteous in ourselves. It is God who justifies us. But now a righteousness from God, apart from the law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:21-24 NIV
Jesus Christ’s righteousness is credited to our account.
We are also called to live righteously in both the Old and the New Testaments. In I Peter 3:10-12, Peter quotes from Psalm 34. “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
Photo by Kathryn Hughes
We learn much of how to live from studying God’s Word. It is God’s instruction manual for us. We also can know the LORD intimately from learning who He is and knowing His character. In this nine-part series we have looked at some of the names of the LORD.
- He is the LORD Yahweh, or Jehovah, the self-existent One, the eternal I AM.
- Our God (Elohim) created us, saying “Let Us make man in Our own image.”
- As Jehovah Elohim, He is our Redeemer.
- The-LORD-Is-Here, or Jehovah Shammah, is always present with His people.
- As Jehovah Nissi, The-LORD-is-our-Banner, calls us to follow Him in the war against our flesh.
- God is our Provider, Jehovah Jireh, who provided for our redemption, and He also supplies our daily needs.
- The LORD leads us and cares for us as our Shepherd, Jehovah Raah.
- The LORD Who Heals You, Jehovah Rapha, heals us from diseases and from emotional and spiritual decay.
- The-LORD-Is-Peace, Jehovah Shalom, brings us peace, even within the storm.
- Praise be to God, Jehovah Tsidkenu, is The-Lord-Our-Righteousness.
Christian singer Phil Wickham sings “1,000 Names” from his album Hymn Of Heaven. I encourage you to listen to it. There are so many more names of God to discover.
Let’s truly get to know the LORD by every name of God and by every one of His attributes found in Scripture.
Top Photo by Karolina Grabowska on Pexels.com
# # #
Thank you for joining me and for reading my devotional blogs. I plan to add more names and attributes of the Lord to this devotional blog in the future. I hope and pray that you will be touched by God in a special way each time you visit. Blogs usually post every other Thursday and are archived for your convenience.
3 thoughts on “The Names of the LORD – Part Nine of Nine”
Thankful for your writing today Kathryn! God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving, Cherie
Thank you, Cherie! Happy Thanksgiving. Mary the Lord bless you and your family.
Cherie, Thank you for taking time to read my devotional and leave a comment. Happy Thanksgiving! May God bless you and your family. Kathryn